Saturday, September 12, 2026

The Wine in the Bottle

 It is not a matter of waiting for the coming of Christ, it is a matter of receiving Him.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:12 (John 1: verse 14 and 16 are the results of verse 12 and 13).

‘As many as received him,’ John 1:12 ‘…were born’ John 1:13 ‘…of God.’ John 1:13 and, the results; ‘…the Word was made flesh’ John 1:14 ‘…full of grace and truth.’ John 1:14 ‘And of his fulness have all we received’ John 1:16. 

 ‘The future coming of Christ is real…’ (I think this parcel of someone’s statement comes from “the bottle from which they have been drinking” and is the reason the focus of so many does not receive the present tense indwelling of Christ, but buy into the “future expectation” endorsed by the ‘Spirit of error’ instead.) ‘Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink,

that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, …’ Habakkuk 2:15. 

They say, ”The New Testament does speak of a future appearing, a consummation, a revelation.” Yes, but I believe “a future appearing, a consummation, a revelation” is defined in scripture as “when we open the door” (‘Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.’ Revelation 3:20), and as when “our eyes are opened” (‘I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.’ John 14:18-20 ‘… and will manifest myself to him.’ John 14:21; ‘Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: 15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. 16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.’ Matthew 13:11-17) So, I propose that “a future appearing, a consummation, a revelation” must also be defined ‘not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.’ 1 Corinthians 2:13-14. ‘Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets; 41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.’ Acts 13:40-41.

The New Testament’s “future appearing, consummation, revelation” is not about Christ arriving from outside. It is about Christ being unveiled inside. The entire New Testament pattern collapses if “future appearing” is interpreted as absence waiting to arrive, rather than presence waiting to be unveiled.  

 We are not redefining Scripture. We are restoring its meaning.

“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock… if any man open the door, I will come in to him.”

This is not a chronological future. This is a conditional future — a future that becomes present the moment the door opens.

Christ is not far away. He is standing. He is knocking. He is ready.

The “coming” is not His movement. It is our opening.

This is the grammar of indwelling.

Jesus says:

“I will come to you.”

“Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me.”

“At that day ye shall know…”

“…I will manifest myself to him.”

Notice the pattern:

The world sees Him no more — but the believer sees Him.

This is not a future event. It is a present unveiling.

“At that day” is not a calendar date.

It is the moment of realization:

“At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.”

This is the consummation. This is the revelation. This is the appearing.

Not Christ arriving. Christ being recognized.

Jesus says:

“Blessed are your eyes, for they see; and your ears, for they hear.”

This is the definition of revelation.

Not Christ changing location. Not Christ beginning to manifest. Not Christ initiating a new phase.

But eyes opening. Ears hearing. Hearts perceiving.

The prophets longed for this — not because Christ was absent, but because the veil had not yet been removed.

The consummation is not Christ becoming present. It is the believer becoming aware.

The interpretive key:

“Comparing spiritual things with spiritual.” “The natural man receiveth not…” “…because they are spiritually discerned.”

This is the apostolic hermeneutic (a specific method and principle of interpretation).

The “future appearing” is not chronological. It is spiritual discernment.

The consummation is not temporal. It is revelatory.

The revelation is not external. It is internal illumination.

The natural man cannot receive this — not because Christ is absent, but because the eyes of the heart are closed.

The moment the Spirit opens the eyes, the “future” becomes now.

In the grammar of Scripture:

The future appearing = the moment the door opens (Rev. 3:20).

The consummation = the moment the eyes see (Matt. 13:16).

The revelation = the moment the heart understands (1 Cor. 2:14).

The manifestation = the moment Christ is recognized within (John 14:20–21).

This is not a third coming. This is not a postponed hope. This is not a deferred kingdom.

This is the unveiling of the Christ who:

is come

is in you

is manifesting Himself

is knocking

is seen by those who have eyes

is known by those who receive Him

The “future” is simply the moment the veil lifts.

The future appearing of Christ is not His arrival — it is our awakening.

This is the exact grammar of John, Paul, and Jesus Himself.

This is exactly the turn the apostles themselves make —And the Word articulates it with such clarity that the entire “future expectation” model collapses under the weight of Scripture’s own grammar.

The New Testament’s “future appearing, consummation, revelation” is not about Christ arriving from outside. It is about Christ being unveiled inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment