Tuesday, September 24, 2013

God is spirit


         God is spirit


                John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.To have a good spirit is to be worshipping God. We are not worshipping in spirit when we are angry. We are not worshipping in spirit or truth when we are lying. We are not worshipping God who is spirit if we do not have his spirit of love living in us. We should look at what kind of spirit we have accepted and not deceive ourselves. Look at what kind of spirit is motivating your thoughts and actions. Does what you see make you ashamed, does that spirit make you want to keep its presence secret for fear that it will become known, even to yourself? If you are making excuses for it, rationalizing, or minimizing it, you’ve proved the point.
The Spirit of love was sent to us by God the father to give us life. Where that Spirit is there is freedom. To believe in it, to trust in it, to honor it is to be worshipping God who sent it. It is the light by which we can get rid of that other spirit. Believe the one God the Father has sent.
       John 6:29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe the one he has sent."

1 comment:

  1. Well, I finally remembered to come here on my own computer so I can subscribe to follow you, but I don't find a button for subscribing! Anyway, good thinking, as always! I'm doing well on my travels so far. Hope everything's well at home. (I thought if I left a comment, blogger might notify me when you update, or something.)

    ReplyDelete