Thursday, September 5, 2013

What is our name?


 

What is our name? Our name is Legion, for we, each of us, are influenced by many. All the evil that has gotten into us has become our life, and we cannot overcome the stench of it to see it as living. We can’t change and continue to be what we have become. It must die out for us to come to the glory of spiritual purity. We cannot change our reputation, our name, without becoming somebody new.

John13:38 Then Jesus answered, “Will you really lay down your life for me? . . . ” (Will you really stop being you and start being me?)

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

 How do we call on the Lord, in other words, how do we change our name, how do we destroy the devil’s work? The answer is with our being - by laying down our old life so Jesus can live in us, (eat, sleep, and drink Jesus, so to speak). So the Father will say ‘Your name (Jesus) precedes you, and now resides and presides in you. You are my people, and I am your God.’ That glorious acceptance/forgiveness which we all require from the Father for a sense of living is now approached properly with the spiritual purity of Jesus himself in us.

John 14:20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

I AM. I AM.

 1Corinthians 15:48 As was the earthly man so are those who are of the earth: and as is the man from heaven so are those who are of heaven.




These three testify and agree to the fact that he who was sent by God has come and is in us and is the means by which we overcome the world through faith in him:

1.       The Spirit, the Water, and the Blood.

2.       The belief in truth, the testimony, and the life.

3.       What we think, what we say, and what we do.

John 12:46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me (the light/the insight,truth,the Love) should stay in darkness.      

1 John 3:7-10 Dear Children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.

No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him: he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. This is how we know (if we are a child of God or of the devil) who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God: nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment